PURPOSE OF THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
The purpose of the below privacy notice is to provide you with information on how Realtime Distribution, VIP UK and its associated companies collect and process your personal data, we will only gather and process personal information as detailed in this notice document unless you are informed otherwise.
It is important that you read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notices, or fair processing notices we may provide on specific occasion. These will outline the purpose of your data being collected and you will be made aware of how we are using your data. This privacy notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
Realtime Distribution and VIP UK is the controller and responsible for your personal data (collectively referred to as "Realtime & VIP UK", "we", "us" or "our" in this privacy notice).
Personal information we may collect:
- Name (Individual and/or Company)
- Address (Business and/or Company)
- Contact details (Names, Telephone numbers, Email addresses)
- Payment details (Bank and/or card payment)
- Delivery address details
- Order details
- Warranty details
- If you contact Us, We may keep a record of that correspondence
- Marketing preferences and communications data
- Usage data (includes information about how you use our website and services)
- Technical data (internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our websites)
Why do you ask for personal information?
We only ask for enough personal information to enable us to deliver our services to you and where we have a lawful basis including, legitimate business interest to do so and for performance of contract which means processing of data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you as a customer or supplier are a party.
We rely on legitimate interest as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal data for the purposes of direct marketing.
How is your personal data collected?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including:
Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity and Contact by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- Register your details with us
- Become a customer
- Place orders with us
- Request marketing communications or subscriptions
- Enter a competition, promotion or survey
- Give us some feedback
Information We Collect From Other Sources
From time to time we also obtain personal data from other sources as follows:
- Names and contact details of individual contacts at prospective customers from third party data providers and/or public sources, such as social networks, company websites and other online sources.
- Names and contact details of individual contacts at prospective customer from our partners.
Will you pass my information on to third parties?
We only pass your information on to third parties with the explicit intention and agreement of being able to deliver our goods and services to you and for that intention alone.
We do not pass on, sell or share your details to any third party or marketing organisation that does not directly impact our ability to provide our products and services to you.
In certain circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain data held by us, which may include your personal data, for example where we are complying with legal obligations, a court order, or a governmental authority.
Will you send me marketing information?
Only if you give us your explicit consent. We would love to send you marketing information about our new and exciting products and services, if you don’t give us explicit consent by opting in or requesting marketing information then we won’t be able to send you this information.
How can I stop receiving marketing information from you?
Simply opt out of receiving marketing information, by opting out within your account or unsubscribing from our marketing services or contacting our customer services team.
How do we process your data?
We use your data as necessary to supply the goods and services you have requested from us.
- To provide you with our services.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To ensure that content on the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for the device(s) you use to access and view the Website;
- To provide you with information and offers that you request from us or which we feel may interest you.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To allow you to participate in surveys.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may use your data to contact you with marketing information about our products and services but only where you have explicitly consented for us to do so or where there is a legitimate business interest and ongoing relationship with you as a customer.
Automated decision making/profiling
We may analyse your personal data to automatically generate and tailor our marketing campaigns specifically to you and your industry.
Do I have the right to be forgotten?
Yes of course you have the right to be forgotten, if you request us to remove your details we will take the necessary steps for your personal details to be removed from our systems.
We do need to keep enough personal information as long as there is a business need for example in order to fulfil the terms of our contract such a warranties.
If we do remove your details we will no longer be able to contact you nor will be able to speak to you regarding any previous orders or warranty claims.
If it’s because we are sending you marketing information you may just want to unsubscribe from our marketing services instead.
How long will you use my personal data for?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data see below for further information.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
We do not transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
Your Legal Rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us.
No fee usually required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Time limit to respond
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Links to other websites
This privacy notice does not cover the links within Realtime, VIP UK Websites linking to other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
We do not control these third-party Sites and are not responsible for their privacy statements.
Changes to this privacy notice
We will keep this privacy notice under regular review and we will place any updates here. At the start of this privacy notice, we will tell you when it was last updated.